UK Generations takes pride in striving for and achieving the best result for its customers. Whilst success is usually acknowledged by the tracing of an ancestor, it is also about the quality of services.
To that end, Peter W Aughton makes best efforts to recognise the standards of the Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives (AGRA) Code of Conduct. Therefore, here is a list of Aims that are based upon the AGRA guidance.
When carrying out research services, we aim:
- To be discreet in relations with clients, the public and the profession
- To be as accurate as available material will allow
- Not to engage in exaggerated, misleading or false publicity
- Not to knowingly publish as fact anything known to be false or unproven, nor knowingly be a party to such action by others
In our dealings with you, our customers, we aim:
- To avoid unnecessary duplication of effort and research
- To offer candid advice concerning the possible or probable results of any projected research
- To make reports as clear and as definite as the facts allow
- To clearly explain, if unable to resolve a client's problems, the reason, and if possible suggest alternative avenues of research.
- To strive to avoid the misquotation of any documents, or the citing as authoritative of any questionable source
- To seek, when appropriate and permitted, to examine original sources
- Not to conceal or withhold data relevant to a client's instructions
- To respect the confidential nature of a client's work, and not divulge any information concerning a client's family, business or personal affairs without prior consent
- Not to publish the results of research for which clients have paid without prior consent
When conducting the business of UK Generations, we aim:
- To strive at all times to uphold the integrity and reputation of the profession
- Not to knowingly injure or attempt to injure the professional reputation, prospects or practice of any other genealogist or researcher in archives
- Not to present another's work as their own
- Not to act in a manner detrimental to the best interests of the profession
Peter W Aughton acknowledges the guidance offered within the AGRA website.
See it for yourself at www.agra.org.uk